Thursday, October 2, 2014

Become As A Child

Howdy,

Scarsdale is the Provo, Utah for Jews. It's Jew central here and their New Years, Rosh Hashanah started this last week. All the synagogues are bumping here. The bad news is they still don't wanna listen to us. The good news is they all seem to be in a happy mood. 

We extended a baptismal date to our investigator John. He has had a couple dates in the past that have come and gone but he has been living all of the commandments and making the changes necessary for baptism. He is very excited for it, so are we! Baptisms in this area are hard to come by and he has been a blessing. 

Well folks, general conference is this Saturday and Sunday. General Conference is the super bowl of Mormonism and you should all watch it. I wasn't the best back home at paying attention to conference. I should have. Amos 3:7 says, "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." If God wants to tell His church something He is going to go through the prophets. If you want to hear God speak to you I invite you to watch conference. You can bet your bottom dollar Elder Uchtdorf will probably mention airplanes. Can't wait!

This last week Elder Burton and I had to go to the hospital for a doctors appointment he had. When we showed up there was security blocking the entrance from the lobby to the rest of the hospital. They weren't letting anybody in for anything, even the staff. They said they had a "situation" going on. Some people said it was a "fire drill" which was obviously a cover for something else. They wouldn't let anybody in for 40 minutes or so. I was shocked at how impatient people were being. We overheard people cursing to their friends on the phone. I heard one lady say, "If I don't get in soon I'm going to end up like Joan Rivers...Dead!" Another woman said, "This is going to mess up my whole ENTIRE month!" I was thinking, really? You waiting here for 30 minutes is going to mess up your WHOLE entire month? Amidst all this chaos, I counted one single soul out of 60 or so people in the room. That person was in the form of a little child. This little kid was laughing and enjoying himself. Nobody wanted to be waiting in a hospital but I'm sure the hospital was one of the last places that kid wanted to be too. It made me remember Mosiah 3:19 where it talks about how we have to become like a child. Children are smart lil fellers. Take a look and learn adults!

Love y'all!

Elder Tyler Johanson

No comments:

Post a Comment