Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Transfer Day

Hello old sports!

Today is transfers. I am officially done with training so The Bronx better look out because Elder TJYoungBuck is comin’ on through! Ok, I'm
sorry, that was a very prideful thing of me to say. I will go repent for that one later. There is good news and bad news about the transfers... Bad news first.

Bad news: My daddy, Elder Reynolds, and I are being separated. The man who brought me into this mission world is leaving me to be a Zone Leader up at West Point Military Academy. Before I came on my mission, I prayed for weeks that my first companion would be 1. A hard worker and 2. An obedient missionary.  These last few months have been hard on Elder Reynolds because he has been dealing with a lot of trials, the biggest being the death of his father. Even though we have many personality differences, I love Elder Reynolds. I wish that everybody could have as much faith in Jesus Christ as he does. It just so happens that two of his best qualities are being hardworking and obedient. Elder Reynolds was an answer to my prayers.

Good news: I am staying in the Kingsbridge area #BronxTeam. Also, I am getting a new companion. My new companion’s name is Elder Schneider. I haven't met him yet, all I know is that his name is Elder Schneider.

Since I don't have much time to email today because of transfers I want to do highlights from this last week. It will be like SportsCenter’s top 10 plays only missionary style.

10. We have a lot of Jamaicans in our ward and they like to feed us so I eat curry goat and ox tails like they're tic-tacs.

9. Bishop Merkley and his wife fed us last Monday. Bishop Merkley is seriously THE coolest dood.

8. There is an investigator named Raquan that is 18 and really wants to serve a mission! The only bad part is his mom is super anti Mormon and won’t even let him get baptized so we will see about that…

7. My 100th day on the mission is coming up… That means 100 nights that I have slept in a bed that is too short for my long legs!

6. Sister Merkley (Bishop’s Wife) is a ridiculously good singer (she has her own CD) She sang "I Believe in Christ" during sacrament meeting.

5. I think my mustache is starting to grow in thicker.

4. We had a less active that we have been trying to get a hold of, unexpectedly come to church with her whole family... That like, never happens.

3. "I am blind, but that’s okay- I still have my jar of pickles."

2. We played basketball again with the youth and I still have yet to lose a game here in The Bronx.

1. There is a God who hears and answers my prayers. When I pray with a sincere heart, in a genuine matter, I know he hears my prayers.

I am sorry this letter was so-so and not a lot of juicy details were spilled but I love you all and will try to do better next week.

-Elder Tyler J Johanson

The Celestial District I have the opportunity to be a part of.

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words...This selfie says somewhere around 3,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment