Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Just Like Popcorn

Wed. June 24, 2015

Hi,

Shot Calls went down this week and I found out I'm staying with Elder Wallace in the good ole Boogie Down Bronx. I haven't gone more than one transfer with a companion in about a year, so this is going to be weird. It will be good tho because the work is popping. Call it Orville Redenbacher. 

Onto other news. Somebody somehow stole the info for my missionary support card and they've been spending all of my money on fast food. It kind of stinks because I am now living on a steady diet of tic tacs and government cheese, but hey, if there is a starving soul out there in the streets of the Bronx at least I was able to feed his belly this week. I was doing my "good turn for the day" as the Boy Scouts say without even realizing. #JoinTheNest

We started teaching a buck family of boys. Their mom is a member in the Spanish Ward. There are 5 boys. The 2 oldest are baptized, but they are less active and the other 3 are not baptized. They're all teenagers except the youngest who is almost 8. We went over for a first lesson yesterday and the questions these kids are asking are unlike any I've heard before. They are all perfect. They were saying certain things like,"I'm pretty sure that there was one true religion at some point but they must of got all messed up. Now we just don't know which is the right one." They are the cats pajamas. I'm excited to work with them in the future. We call them "The Fantastic Five".

Today was transfers and it was a hard one. Today I had to say goodbye to many friends, past companions, and President and Sister Morgan. 
Me and Momma Morgan
President Morgan looks a lot less intimidating with those leis
around his neck. Thank goodness.
President and Sister Morgan have truly altered my testimony of this gospel for good. I'm especially grateful for the time I had to serve in his Ward and then also serve close to him in the office. Seeing the gospel in action like that was incredible. They are spiritual giants in my eyes.
With 3 of my companions and an Asian Kid
You know that saying that talks about how a picture is worth a thousand words? Well I hope that's true because I don't have a ton of time to email today so this email is short. Sue me. Haha sorry. 

Have a good one!

Elder Tyler J Johanson

No comments:

Post a Comment